Departments & Programs
The CEU Graduate School aims to develop intellectual independence and leadership of its graduate students through the cultivation of scientific, critical, and creative faculties of the mind and the promotion of expertise in research. The various fields of specialization that the School offers provide intensive training for professional workers in specific areas, seek to develop leaders and executives through in-depth studies, fieldwork, and research, and promote an integrated understanding of the person’s place in society.
The CEU Graduate School was organized in 1926 during the administration of Dona Librada Avelino, founder and first CEU President. Dr. Concepcion A. Aguila was the first Graduate School Dean. She was assisted by Dr. Lorenzo Paredes and Miss Generosa de Leon, then CEU Registrar and Comptroller. During her deanship (1926-1960), Dr. Aguila developed and administered programs leading to the Doctor of Education and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. Thus, CEU became the first non-sectarian university to offer graduate school courses.
Dr. Alicia Jose Ramos, the second dean, (1960-1965) is credited with the expansion of the Graduate School and growth in enrolment. In 1965, Dr. Paz Policarpio Mendez was appointed the third dean. During her term, several new programs on the masters and doctoral levels were opened. In 1988, Dr. Rosita L. Navarro was appointed as the fourth dean. The term of Dr. Navarro marked the start of innovative programs that merited financial support from reputable funding agencies. Several graduate degree programs have earned international recognition and endowments in the form of professorial chairs and research grants.
In 2002, vertical articulation of graduate programs emanating from strong undergraduate programs was implemented in CEU. These undergraduate programs are from the School of Accountancy, Business, Secretarial, Public Administration, School of Education—Liberal Arts—Music—Social Work, School of Pharmacy, School of Tourism-Family Economics-Nutrition and HRM, and School of Science.
In 2006, the graduate programs of the School of Accountancy, Management and Technology, the School of Education, Liberal Arts, Music, and Social Work, and the School of Science were granted Level 3 Accredited status by the Philippine Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA), which were affirmed in 2007 when the three schools were granted Level 3 re-accredited status.
A graduate institution that nurtures creative scholarship, intellectual independence, professional expertise, and moral commitment among leaders and active participants in nation-building and global cooperation.
In pursuit of the University's philosophy, Ciencia y Virtud (Science and Virtue), the Graduate School seeks to develop research-oriented and technologically competent professionals and intellectually independent leaders who are active participants in national and international development efforts.
- Research and Development
The CEU Research and Development Foundation is a non-stock, non-profit corporation organized under the laws of the Philippines, funding worthwhile theses, dissertations, and research studies of CEU Graduate School faculty and students.
- Graduate School Publication
Aptly called Graduate and Faculty Studies, it aims to provide an appropriate medium for announcing the results of research studies completed by CEU faculty members and students of the Graduate School.
- Professorial Chairs
The Professorial Chairs of the CEU Graduate School are Concepcion A. Aguila in Teacher Education, Pilar Hidalgo Lim in Family Studies, Carmen de Luna in Philippine Culture and Philippine Studies, Carmen Guevarra in Culture of the Lowland Filipinos, Dionisio C. Tiongco in Educational Management, Dr. Chin Shen-Hsiung in Science and Technology, Concepcion A. Aguila in Optometry Education, and Pilar H. Lim in Nursing Administration.
- Master in Business Administration
- Financial Analysis
Upon completion of the degree, graduates are expected to be able to:
- utilize qualitative and quantitative methods and integrate tools, techniques, and concepts from the different functional areas to analyze and solve business problems and cases;
- demonstrate professionalism, self-awareness, leadership, effective communication, and entrepreneurial skills in the performance of their day to day activities;
- incorporate diversity and multicultural perspectives in the assessment of global opportunities and challenges for business growth;
- address and apply ethical values in business operations and decisions;
- assess the business environment and opportunities and implement strategies that can help maximize investors’ returns on their investments;
- identify problems, define objectives, analyze risks and alternatives through the use of qualitative and quantitative methods of solving business problems;
- apply leadership, communication, decision making, and entrepreneurial skills appropriate for various business situations;
- demonstrate awareness of economic, environmental, political, legal, and regulatory contexts of global business practice; and
- understand, analyze and apply corporate social responsibilities to the different sectors of the society such as the government, clients, environment, suppliers, and investors.
- Account Executive
- Public Relations Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Product Manager
- Advertising Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager
Deans and Academic Heads
Mr. Roy Raian A. Joson
Officer-in-Charge, Graduate School
Legazpi Village Campus
Centro Escolar University
103 Esteban St., Legazpi Village,
(+63)2 8893-24-61/(+63)2 8893-24-64/
(+63)2 8893-24-69 loc. 115 / 133
- Faronal, Ivan N.
Master in Business Administration
National College of Business and Arts
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Management
Access Computer and Technical Colleges
- Capital Market Institute of the Philippines (CMIP)
- Department of Trade and Industry
- Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines (FINEX)
- First Place, Inc.
- Global Business School Network
- Management Association of the Philippines (MAP)
- Megaworld Foundation Inc.
- Mendiola Consortium
- Philippine Association of Collegiate Schools in Business (PACSB)
- Philippine Center for Entrepreneurship (Go Negosyo)
- Philippine Council of Dean and Educators in Business (PCDEB)
- Philippine Franchise Association
- Philippine Marketing Association (PMA)
- Prime Venture Service Cooperative (PVSC)
- The Eduk Circle International Center for Communication Studies
- University Belt Consortium Research and Extension Linkages (Ubelt Research Linkages)
- University of Asia and the Pacific – School of Economics and Center for Research and Education
- Wadhwani Foundation
- Abbott Laboratories Inc.
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
- BDO Roxas Cruz Tagle and Co.
- BIR Intramuros-Finance Department
- BIR RR6-Commission on Audit
- Bureau of Internal Revenue National Office
- Camara,Custodio & Co.
- Chronotron Inc. (Unisilver Time)
- Citi Global Realty and Development Inc.
- Coca-Cola Bottlers Business Services
- Commission on Audit (Main Office)
- Darwin Movers, Inc.
- Department of Budget and Management
- Department of Budget and Management (DDM)
- Fabway Stone Inc.
- JLA Accounting Outsourcing Services
- JTC Group of Companies
- KPMG Consulting (Philippines), Inc.
- Landbank of the Philippines
- Loxon Philippines Incorporated
- Santos Verde San Juan & Associates
- Manila Bulletin
- Manila Hotel
- Maritime Clinic for International Seafarers, Inc.
- Megaworld Corporation
- Megaworld, Inc
- NTT Data Corporation
- Osmundo Salonga Jr. Accounting Services
- Philippine National Bank
- Power Steel Specialist Trading Corp.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Business Services Philippines
- Pru Life UK
- RCBC - Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation
- RCBC Savings Bank Corporate
- RLR Research and Analysis Inc.
- Robinsons Bank Corporation
- San Miguel Foods, Inc.
- Security Bank Corporation
- Social Security System
- Tan, Ong & Associates Co.
- TCL Sun, Inc.
Laboratories and Facilities
The Office Simulation Room is located on the fourteenth floor of the Legazpi Village campus. This is an important laboratory facility for Business Administration students to enhance their curricular programs and attain course objectives. It is equipped with computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, check writer, adding machine and business forms.
GRADUATE SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS/GRANTS
- Master Program
50% discount on tuition for 15 units granted to students who earned their Bachelor’s degree with Summa Cum Laude or Magna Cum Laude honors; 25% discount on tuition for 15 units granted to students who earned their Bachelor’s degree with Cum Laude honors.